Visas and Permits

Although visas and permits are seen as similar documentation required for entering Canada, there is a key difference between the two. Visas are required by citizens from certain international countries to enter into Canada. Whereas permits are what allows someone to be in Canada and control what their purpose is while in Canada (examples include: work permits and student permits). 

There are different classifications of permits and visas which are given out for specific purposes. These include: 

  1. work permits
  2. temporary visas
  3. student visas
  4. super visas
  5. temporary resident permits, and more.

At Legal Leaf, we have successfully helped hundreds of clients get their visa and permit applications approved. The application process can be confusing and grueling. Let our experienced experts help you through the process!

Visitor Visa

A visitor visa is an official document that is usually shown in your passport. It is used to prove that you were given formal permission to visit and stay in Canada temporarily. The visitor visa document will clearly state when you have to leave by, however, most visitors visas allow you to stay for up to 6 months in Canada.

Super Visa

Super visas are official documents which allow you to visit your children or grandchildren in Canada for up to 2 years at a time. It allows for multiple entries into Canada for periods as long as 10 years.

Super visas are given to individuals based on the following criteria:

(1) If you are a parent or grandparent to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
(2) Have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invited you to Canada
(3) The person who signs for you must ensure to financially support you, provide their occupancy in their household, and provide proof of being a permanent resident or citizen.
(4) That same individual must provide Canadian health insurance coverage (valid for 1 year or more) for at least $100,000 and have proof that the medical insurance has been paid.